4 Questions To Help You Buy Men’S Body Wash
Body washes are slowly becoming one of the essential products in the men’s grooming kit. They not only clean the skin but also keeps it fresh throughout the day as you get about your work. Compared to bar soaps, body washes are more convenient and hygienic. If you have frequent skin problems, it is essential to buy a body wash that does not cause any inflammation and soothes the skin. For those with sensitive and dry skin, men’s moisturizing body washes are a good choice. Thus, buying a body wash requires you to consider a lot of factors right from your skin type to the ingredients used in the body wash. Read on to know more about things you should know before buying a men’s body wash
Which is better for dry skin—body wash or soap?
- Many bar soaps contain sodium hydroxide. This chemical causes dehydration of the skin. If the bar soap lacks glycerine and other moisture-rich ingredients such as aloe vera or botanical oils, it can cause more damage to the dry skin.
- Body washes contain more moisturizing and hydrating ingredients than bar soaps. Body washes contain skin-softeners called emollients that retain the natural moisture of the skin and prevent the skin from becoming dry. Many body washes also contain emulsified petrolatum that naturally hydrates the skin.
- If you have dry skin, it is better to use a moisturizing body wash. However, if you still prefer to bar soap, pick one that has high glycerine or aloe vera content. Organic bar soaps with a high percentage of botanical oils can be also soothing for dry skin.
What are the different types of men’s body wash?
- Shower gels
Shower gels are light. If you live in a place with a warm climate, shower gels are suitable since they have a thinner consistency. With their substantial glycerine content, shower gels can be quite hydrating for the skin.
- Moisturizing body washes
These have heavier and creamier consistency compared to shower gels. Moisturizing body washes have a higher percentage of essential oils, petroleum, and glycerine.
- Exfoliating body washes
This type of body washes contains particles that remove dead skin cells and open up the pores. The particles can be made of natural ingredients such as almond or walnut extracts, or they can be synthetic.
What should you look for while buying men’s moisturizing body wash?
- First, you need to know your skin type. Depending on whether you have sensitive or dry skin, you will need to buy a suitable moisturizing body wash. Your skin type will decide whether you need an exfoliating body wash, light-lather producing body wash, or a body washes with soothing essential oil extracts, in case you have a lot of skin problems.
- Depending on your skin type, you will need to buy a body wash that does not contain ingredients harmful to your skin. If you have dry skin, you should body washes that contain less harsh chemicals and more moisturizing ingredients such as glycerine, shea butter, or aloe vera. If you have sensitive skin, avoid body washes with strong fragrances and dyes. Exfoliating body washes are suitable for those with acne and other skin problems.
- Certain chemicals such as ammonium lauryl sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate, olefin sulfate, Cocamide-DEA, and so on have been known to be harmful in the long run. Some of these chemicals also cause irritation to the eyes and hair follicles. Check the percentage of these chemicals in the body wash you are buying. It is best to avoid products with a high proportion of these chemicals.
Which are some of the well-known brands of men’s moisturizing body wash?
- Dove Men+Care
This men’s moisturizing body wash from one of the leading skincare brands uses a micro-moisturizing system. This body wash not only cleanses the skin but also moisturizes it thoroughly without leaving behind any greasy residue. If you have recurring skin issues, this body wash is highly recommended for it hydrating properties.
- Nivea Men Energy 3-In-1 Body Wash
This product from Nivea can be used as a body wash, shampoo, and as a shaving cream as well. It contains avocado extracts and sunflower oil extracts that retains the moisture of the skin and prevents dryness. It also contains mint extracts that keep the skin refresh.
- Molton Brown
This is a men’s moisturizing body wash belongs to the premium category due to its high-end price. Available in interesting scents such as black peppercorn, sandalwood, and cocoa, this body wash does not produce a heavy lather, which is perfect for men with dry skin. It contains glycerine and pepper seed oil that keeps the skin hydrated and moisturized.
- Oleavine Antifungal Soap
Containing tea tree oil extracts, this medicated liquid soap is an effective men’s moisturizing body wash. It soothes the skin and helps in curing several skin problems. It also contains herbal carrier oils that moisturize the skin and protects it from damage.
Tags: mens moisturizing body wash