Everything You Need To Know About Using A Face Moisturizer For Dry Skin
Everything you need to know about using a face moisturizer for dry skin
Face moisturizers are essential for both men and women. Your skin needs to remain hydrated to retain its health and appearance. Face moisturizers for dry skin ensure that your face looks refreshed, instead of dull and tired. You could also face various problems like pimples, acne, itching, and blotchy patches if your skin is not moisturized. To avoid these side effects of dry and unhealthy skin, one should moisturize daily.
What is the need of a face moisturizer for dry skin?
- Dead skin cells comprise the top layer of your skin, and the layer right beneath it contains cells that store water.
- However, these skin cells stop holding on to water occasionally which can lead to dry skin. In turn, this dryness can lead to tight and flaky skin along with a dull appearance.
- Moisturizer creams for dry skin help your skin cells retain and hold water for a longer duration.
- Moisturizing creams make your skin look healthier, energized, and younger immediately.
- Regular application of face moisturizer for dry skin can have long-term benefits, that can help you retain your youthful appearance.
When is the right time to use a moisturizer?
- There is no particular time for applying a face moisturizer, but you should include one in your regular skin care routine as frequent applications can help prevent dry skin.
- Generally, one should moisturize their body once in the morning and once at night.
- Most soaps strip your skin of all moisturizing oils. So, one can use a face moisturizer for dry skin after a shower or after washing your face as it will replenish all the lost moisturizing oils.
- For men, moisturizing after shaving is a great idea as it conditions your skin and helps you avoid any prickliness and bumps.
How to use a face moisturizer?
- Simple rubbing: You can rub in the moisturizer for dry skin on your face to make sure that your skin absorbs the product. This technique will help to keep your skin hydrated and make it skin look healthy and fresh.
- Spreading it evenly: Spreading a face moisturizer for dry skin evenly across the face lets your skin absorb it better.
What are the types of face moisturizers for dry skin?
- Whip moisturisers: This is a light and fluffy cream that is not heavy on the skin, but still provides hydration.
- Firmarine moisturizers: This type of face moisturizer for dry skin helps to keep your facial muscles firm, and prevents any sagging or wrinkling. All of this makes your skin look young for a long time.
- Sunscreen moisturizer: These products provide dual functionality that protects your skin while keeping it hydrated.
- Brightening creams: These creams help moisturize and brighten your skin while giving you a glow. Thus, brightening moisturizers make you look fresh, young, and rejuvenated.
- Nutritional moisturizer: This kind of moisturizer adds nutrients that may be lacking in your skin to make it look healthier and more attractive.
- Pore cleaner: These products provide deep cleansing for your skin and pores. Thus, you don’t need to invest a lot of time and effort into an elaborate skin care routine.
- Facial oils: Use these to moisturise your skin naturally. They also increase the glow and softness of your skin.
What can happen if you do not use a face moisturizer for dry skin regularly?
- More wrinkles: Dry skin leads to a compromised skin barrier. In turn, this can lead to quicker and easier damage. Also, dryness causes a small amount of inflammation on the skin, thus making it vulnerable. This ongoing inflammation and increased vulnerability lead to wrinkles.
- Dull complexion: Dehydrated skin can strip itself of proteins and other nutrients essential for its health and vitality. The outermost layer becomes unhealthy and breaks down thus causing redness, flaking and dullness.
- Worsens acne: Moisturizers helps preserve your skin and keep it healthy. Unmoisturized skin can break down and allow dirt to enter, worsening one’s acne condition.
- Flaky makeup: If your skin is not smooth and healthy, it’s harder for the makeup to stay on the face. Thus, dry skin might lead to your makeup looking artificial and caked.
- Increased itching: Dry skin leads to flaking and broken skin. Until your skin repairs itself, other irritants can harm the exposed skin and cause itching. The formation of new skin cells also leads to an itching sensation.