Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Toenail Fungus
Home remedies to get rid of toenail fungus
Toenail fungus is one of the worst types of nail infections, which is the result of fungal overgrowth in the nails. The type of fungi causing toenail fungal infection include molds and yeasts. While it may start with something really small that seems like either a yellow or a white spot forming under the nail, it may eventually worsen into a much deeper infection inside the nail. This may be accompanied by extreme pain as well. A toenail fungal infection may also be medically referred to as tinea unguium, or even onychomycosis. Mentioned here is some information regarding toenail fungus home remedies that you should know of to treat the infection.
Is Vicks Vaporub helpful in getting rid of toenail fungus?
- Yes, Vicks® VapoRub™ is one of the best remedies to get rid of toenail fungal infection.
- It is a topical ointment that is typically used for getting rid of a cough. It has two extremely helpful ingredients, namely, camphor and eucalyptus oil, both of which help in the removal of toenail fungus.
- In order to use this remedy, all you need to do is apply a little quantity to the area that has been affected with fungus, and you will see the results within two to three days.
Would changing your diet help in getting rid of a toenail fungal infection?
Yes, changing your diet may also help in the treatment of the toenail fungal infection. The healthier the foods you eat, the faster you will be able to get rid of toenail fungus. Here are some pointers you can remember to get rid of the yeast or any other fungus in your toenails:
- Consume curd, which is rich in probiotics
- Follow a diet that is rich in protein
- Consumption of enough iron is important to avoid brittle nails
- Make essential fatty acids an important part of your diet
- Food products that are rich in Vitamin D and calcium may also be helpful
Which oils would prove to be beneficial for removing fungus from the toenail?
Some of the oils that you may consider to be beneficial to remove fungus from the toenail include the following:
- Tea tree oil, which is also an essential oil boasting of antiseptic and even antifungal properties.
- Oregano oil is another effective remedy, which helps in the treatment of toenail fungus. It contains thymol, which is an active ingredient used for killing fungus in the toenails.
- Additionally, as a remedy, you may even combine the use of tea tree and oregano oil for better effectiveness.
- Alternatively, you can use coconut oil to get rid of toenail fungus. Coconut has plenty of benefits, and being antifungal is one of its characteristics. In order to use this remedy, you can melt a small amount of this oil on your fingertips and apply it directly to the infected toenail.
- Lastly, any type of ozonized oil can help you get rid of toenail fungus almost instantaneously. Sunflower oil and olive oil are examples of two oils that are injected with ozonized gas.
- The exposure to ozone is quite less in these oils and does not result in any harm. However, they are quite effective in killing off the fungus lingering in your toenails.
Are there any extracts that can be used for the removal of toenail fungus?
Yes, there are two different types of extracts that one can use to get rid of toenail fungus:
- The first one is the snakeroot extract. It is generally used for antifungal reasons only. It is made from different plants belonging to the sunflower family. It has proven to be quite effective in the treatment of toenail fungus and works effectively to provide relief from the infection.
- Even the extract of the olive leaf may prove to be beneficial. There is an active ingredient present in it, which is known as oleuropein. Oleuropein is known for having antimicrobial and antifungal capabilities, which helps treat toenail fungal infections.