Need For Hybrid Cloud Computing Solutions
Need for hybrid cloud computing solutions
Hybrid cloud computing is a computing solution that involves a combination of private and public cloud platforms in order to be able to share applications and data between them. If the demand for processing and computing fluctuates, hybrid cloud computing provides enterprises with the ability to upgrade their on-premise private cloud to the public cloud service. This scaling up from the private cloud to the public cloud service of an enterprise helps the enterprise handle workload without giving a third party access to its database.
An enterprise can host critically sensitive data and applications on the private cloud, while deploying the less sensitive resources and database on the public cloud platform.
What should an do to scale up the privately-owned cloud computing service to the public cloud computing platform?
- In order to make the private cloud of an enterprise compatible with the public cloud, the enterprise must adjust the private cloud architect.
- For this, they need to implement adequate hardware in the data center, such as storage, load balancers, local area network, and servers.
- An enterprise opts for public cloud services in order to access storage resources and compute instances or services like data analytics clusters or serverless computing capabilities.
- For the successful working of a hybrid cloud computing system, an enterprise should deploy an adequate cloud software and hypervisor, which is necessary for making the private cloud compatible to the public cloud selected.
- This guarantees proper interoperability with the services and public cloud application programming interfaces.
- This also ensures the seamless movement of workload from private cloud to public cloud services.
- Using a combination of various services and resources over the private and public cloud services, a developer can create advance applications.
What are the benefits offered by hybrid cloud computing solutions?
- Hybrid cloud computing is the best solution for an enterprise, as it offers benefits such as scalability flexibilities, cost efficiency, and the lowest risk of exposing the enterprise’s data to any third party.
- When an enterprise chooses to switch to hybrid cloud computing solutions, it also chooses to scale up the computing resources. The advantage here is that the enterprise doesn’t have to bring in huge capital expenditures to manage the short-term increase in demand. Also, it is useful when the business requires to free the resources to run the more important applications and data.
- Instead of purchasing, installing, and managing additional resources that would lie dormant for a long period of time, the enterprise can now purchase only those resources that are needed for the time being.
What is hybrid cloud management software?
- Several startups as well as established infrastructure management vendors have developed software that can manage both on-premise and public cloud computing platforms.
- Here, databases, virtual machines, and storage can be shifted up and down between the private cloud and public cloud platforms seamlessly.
- In today’s time, IT professionals find it easy to manage on-premise and public cloud computing platforms using several tools as well as application programming interfaces.
- These software applications are developed to tackle certain tasks such as cost control, allocation of resources, and monitoring application performance.
What is vendor native hybrid cloud?
- In this hybrid cloud computing architecture, the on-premise private cloud computing software can be extended to the public cloud computing services or vice versa, and the public cloud computing platform can be connected to the data center.
- This hybrid cloud computing architecture has been made an easier solution in the past few years by the popular infrastructure as a service cloud vendor.
- Enterprises can extend their on-premise private cloud computing platform to the public cloud computing services and manage the resources on the public cloud computing service through IBM, Dell, Cisco, RedHat, VMware, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
What is platform as a service?
- Enterprises use platform as a service to allow developers to write customized applications without providing for the infrastructure required.
- Majority of the platform as a service can run on the Enterprise’s privately owned, on-premise private cloud computing service as well as on the native-hosted infrastructure as a service public cloud computing platform.
- Platform as a service automatically configures the resources across this arrangement, providing hybrid cloud computing as a platform for them.
- Popular platform as a service include Red Hat OpenShift, IBM Bluemix, Apprenda, and Pivotal Cloud Foundry.