Plan A Train Tour To The Canadian Rockies
Plan a train tour to the Canadian Rockies
The Canadian Rockies are one of the most popular destinations in Canada. Spread across two provinces, you get to experience marvelous views ranging from beautiful river valleys and rocky shacks to massive rainforests and tall mountains. You can enjoy these diverse scenic views if you plot your journey well. Some people plan their tour to the Canadian Rockies several years in advance, while others make their itinerary at the last moment and head out without adequate planning. Some people even make adjustments on their way to the airport. However, it is wise to go ahead with a proper plan in mind as it will guarantee a relatively stress-free experience. Here are some guidelines that must keep in mind while planning your tour to the Canadian Rockies.
What are the things you should know before heading to the Canadian Rockies?
- Canadian Rockies tour trains are wheelchair accessible.
- Most of the two-day tours are one way only and do not offer return transportation.
- Canadian Rockies train tours take passengers into the interiors of the Rocky Mountains to places of natural beauty.
- Generally, travelers to the Rockies go from one place to another during the day and spend cold nights at hotels.
- Try to get access to the double-decker train and ask for SilverLeaf service. Or, if you have the budget for it, you can brighten your tour up by choosing the GoldLeaf Service where you get to enjoy their unique dining room.
Which is the best time to travel to the Canadian Rockies?
- As ice-capped peaks top the mountain range, May to September is the right time to travel to the Canadian Rockies. Since its the beginning of summer, you will not feel the harsh, ice-cold breeze, and the train rates are much cheaper too.
- If you want to visit colder places, you can go to Lake Louise, Jasper and Banff in May.
- Lake Louise is at an altitude of 1661 m (5449 feet), Jasper is located at 1062 m (3484 feet) while Banff is situated at an altitude of 1384 m (4541 feet).
- Also, Lake Louise, Jasper, and Banff receive relatively less rainfall in May as compared to the rest of the months.
- You can cut down on your costs by traveling during October as the temperatures are warmer this month than they are from July to August.
- The Canadian Rockies are at their busiest during July and August as it’s vacation time for schools. Surprisingly, June is a quieter month.
How long does a train tour of the Canadian Rockies take?
There are a lot of factors that determine your tour’s duration such as your budget, the number of places you want to visit, how far they are from each other, etc.
- Canadian Rockies train tour packages range from a one day trip for mountaineering to a 16-day mammoth coast to coast trip.
- If you can afford to add seven nights to your trip, you can combine the train tour with an Alaska cruise package.
- To determine your tour’s duration, plan on what you want to do and the places you want to see. You could also explore Vancouver as it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
- The following questions will help you plan your trip: Do you want to the Canadian Rockies tour experience or the train experience? How many days do you want to spend on the train? Do you prefer a one-way trip or a round trip?
What type of services do you get on the train?
- SilverLeaf Service: You get hot, delicious breakfasts and lunches served at your seat. So, you will not miss out on the beautiful scenery outside the window.
- GoldLeaf Service: You get upgraded to dining service on an elevated dome car. You are served breakfast and lunch right in the middle of the beautiful scenery of the Canadian Rockies. You also get to have alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks, as well as delicious complimentary snacks.
Is it better to experience the Canadian Rockies train tours individually or in groups?
- Couples flood to the Canadian Rockies tour each year to have the best time of their life. At the same time, this trip is perfect when you are traveling in groups as well.
- You get to spend quality time with your dear ones while viewing the natural beauty of Canada.
Keywords: Canadian Rockies Train Tours