Tips To Pick The Best Carpet Stain Removers
Tips to pick the best carpet stain removers
Your favorite carpet may fall prey to different spill accidents from time to time. These strong stains cannot be cleaned by a simple vacuum cleaner and require additional methods to restore them to their former glory. However, for a layman, picking up the best carpet stain removers can be quite a task. Here is how you can get through the ordeal and ensure that those stains do not stay for long.
What methods can you use to remove carpet stains and what are some important steps to take?
- Depending upon the severity of the spot, you need to figure out which method is the best to get rid of the carpet stain.
- You can rent or buy a carpet machine or even ask for professional help if the stain is too strong and stubborn.
- However, the most common method is to buy a stain remover from the market. If you do not trust the quality of carpet stain removers, then you can even make them yourself.
- One very important step to take while undertaking any method to remove the carpet stain is to ensure that the approach is suitable for the carpet. You can test the remover on a very small swatch of the carpet so that you can see the reaction. If you see positive results, you can use the stain remover on the rest of the carpet.
What are your top options for carpet stain removers?
There are various different options available in the market, but the best carpet stain removers are:
- Folex Carpet Spot Remover, which is available on Amazon and has a track record of removing grime, pet stains, pen marks, cosmetic spills, and stubborn dust spots, making it an overall winner for removing a variety of stains. It costs USD 11.
- Hoover Platinum Stain remover effortlessly cleans the less stubborn spots and keeps the area surrounding the carpet intact. It costs USD 10.
- If you are looking for a more affordable choice, then the Resolve Carpet Spot and Stain Remover is a top pick in its category. It costs USD 4.
What are some important factors that you need to consider while buying a carpet stain remover?
- In order to remove the most difficult spots, you need to use your carpet stain remover at the earliest after the carpet has been stained. Wet stains or fresh stains are less severe as compared to completely dried stains.
- Remember to tell the seller about the texture and fabric of the carpet. While picking a remover, also carefully read the instructions regarding the ideal use of the stain remover and whether it suits your carpet material and age or not.
- Try avoiding hydrogen peroxide, as it can majorly discolor the fabric. On the other hand, ammonia leaves behind a pungent smell. Try to pick an eco-friendly carpet stain remover for good results.
- Use the right method as instructed by the carpet stain remover, which is recommended for the stain you are dealing with. For instance, fresh stains are best blotted away first and then treated with a carpet stain remover.
What are some common household solutions for carpet stain removers?
Some DIY solutions you can use as carpet stain removers include the following:
- Applying beer on top of a tea or a coffee stain to erase it effortlessly.
- Vinegar is definitely one of the best carpet stain removers and is found in most kitchens. Depending on the type of stain you are dealing with, you can adjust its usage.
Other carpet stain removers that are regular household items include:
- Shaving cream
- Baking Soda
- Baby wipes
- Club soda
With the aforementioned methods, you can ensure that your carpet looks as good as new and its lovely fabric and textures are not marred by any hideous stains for too long a time.